Nana Brown’s Stuffing
1 bar butter
2 tsp poultry seasoning
3 celery sticks, chopped
14-16 slices white bread, torn up
1 white onion, diced
1/2 lb raw, Jimmy Dean "Sage" sausage
- Melt butter, add celery and onion and cook till tender.
- Add 1/4 cup water and poultry seasoning and heat through.
- Pour mixture over bread, mix until everything is pliable, not too wet.
- Tear sausage into small pieces, add to stuffing and mix well.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and cover.
- Bake at 375° for approximately 45 minutes. Remove cover for last 10 minutes so that it will brown on top.